[3830] K1KY - ARRL 10 METER 97 M/S

Tom Delker k1ky at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 16 23:35:40 EST 1997

                              ARRL 10 SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 13-Dec-97, 14-Dec-97

    Callsign Used : K1KY
        Operators : K1KY, W4KH, KD4YDD

         Category : Multi/Single, High Power
        Equipment : Ten-Tec Omni 6+, Titan Amp @ 1KW, TRLog 6.18
          Antenna : Antron 99 1/2 wave vertical @ 75'

 Default Exchange : 59(9) TN

             Name : Thomas M. Delker
          Address : 113 Richland Ave.
   City/State/Zip : Smyrna, TN 37167
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

   10CW      595         580       2324      50        32
   10SSB     243         242        484      36        22

 Totals      838         822       2808      86        54

    Final Score = 393120 points.  Op Time: 30 Hours.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 1st 10M Contest.  3 minutes before blast-off, line noise went
 through the roof! I ran out to the offending power pole, kicked
 the guy wire and all was quiet for the remainder of the contest.
 Interesting experience with the vertical antenna, although I
 believe it works great for general CQ'ing.  I counted 8 different
 contests during this period, although we found EUs both mornings
 and VK/ZL both days late afternoon after sundown.  Probably spent
 too much time on CW and not enough on Phone, but was having too
 much fun sharing the low end (28004) with the various pirate signals
 present.  Originally thought there was a persistent "tuner upper"
 on my frequency, and then it dawned on me that I was hearing AM
 carriers!  My apologies to some of you that I asked for repeats as
 when the band conditions came up, the pirate sigs rode in with them.
 Will be back with some steerable aluminum high up in the air next
 time and a little more experience under the belt.

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
C.A.T.S. (W4CAT) - 147.30 (114.8) / 145.23 / 223.98 / 444.45 & 444.65

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com