[3830] KK7GW ARRL 10 SOLP CW only

David Jones kk7gw at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:40:51 EST 1997

Call: KK7GW  State: Washington Section: Western Washington

Q's    Pts.   States  DX   Total   Hours:

44     176      11    1    2112     5.8

Equipment: Kenwood TS-530, dipole @25 feet

Finally got the log into the computer...
Well, for the amount of time I spent, and my signal on 10, I was
satisified with my performance.  Checked Friday and found the band
deader than dead. Got up Saturday morning and picked up 4 states and LU
in 20 minutes before leaving for 3 hours to go get a Christmas tree.
Came back and reeled off 18 Q's in the next 2 hours while helping to get
the tree set up.  Best contact Saturday was KH7R with a signal barely
above the noise. I'm in awe of the op there, I could barely make my call
out as it came back.

Went back off and on to the radio before church and worked the local
WA'ers and Montana.  Spent the last hour and a half running, and
actually got responses to my CQ's.  However, they were all locals within
about a 30 mile radius of me :).

Only DX worked was LU-land, while I heard CX and ZL.

I'm sure not going to even win CW only in the section, but I had fun,
and that's what counts in my book.

73

David Jones, KK7GW   QRP-L #1350
kk7gw at hotmail.com