K8GT NAQP SSB Score

Jerry Treas ah672 at detroit.freenet.org
Wed Feb 5 18:11:34 EST 1997

1997 NA QSO Party Summary Sheet

      Contest Date: 18-19Jan1997

  Station Callsign: K8GT
 Name used for log: NAQP97PH
     Station State: MI

     Exchange sent: GAT MI

 Operator callsign: K8GT
   Operator's name: Gerald A. (Gerry) Treas
           Address: 29435 Guy Ave.
    City/State/Zip: Southfield, MI 48076

      band        qsos       points     mults
      ______________________________________

      160            0           0         0
       80           47          47        27
       40           54          54        28
       20           43          43        22
       15           27          27        16
       10            0           0         0
      ______________________________________

      total:       171         171        93

      final score = 15,903
                    ======

Equipment Description:
FT-101B 100 Watts with FV-101B External VFO
Multiband Fan Inverted Vee Dipole
IBM PC/XT for logging only

Club Affiliation: Mad River Radio Club

For those who wondered about the derivation of the name GAT,
particularily Dale, KG5U, and including those who knowingly
chuckled following the exchange, it was given to me shortly
after I started work at Channel 50 in Detroit 30 years ago.
I used my initials on discrepancy reports and tech reports,
and it was Tom, W8KOX, reading these, who gave me the name.
It stuck, at least for all the old timers in Engineering.
Not much of a score, less than half of my CW score, which
was nothing to brag about either. TNX to all for the QSOs.

observed fully the rules and regulations of the contest, and
I agree to be bound by the rulings of the contest committee.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com