K7RAT CW Sprint Score

LarryX Tyree contractor for brentc larrytx at co.intel.com
Mon Feb 10 09:48:02 EST 1997

349 x 48 = 16,752

Only about 5 second radio QSOs - this was basically a two band change
contest.  There just didn't seem to be the activity on 20 meters later
on - although one of the five stations was Arkansas which I didn't
work on any other band.  I had 106 QSOs on 80 meters.

Worked two KL7's but missed Nevada and VE2ZP (heard on 80 once).  Did
get K7BG for Montana at 0358Z - thanks Matt!  KP3L gave me number one
when I called CQ really low in the band once, but when I worked him
again later, I realized it wasn't going to be a golden multiplier!
Was tempted to get a QSO out of the KG4 at the start, but they were
only working JA's at the time.

The club call worked out very well - the name, somewhat less so,
but it wasn't as bad as Nik or GC!  Blame Trey and Scott Adams for
Bert.  Actually, the name wasn't all that bad, I probably was asked
for repeats as often as I am with Tree.  The fact that I can show up
with a new call and name and still do well is an indication of the
high quality of operators in this contest - they just copy what they
hear.  Perhaps K7RAT Bert was pretty tame compared to some of the
Dare-rick permutations we have recently experienced.  I even asked
VE4VV to repeat his name - just in case.

Glad I am not the log checker with another close finish!  Congrats to
Tom, K1KI for his 20th top ten finish and possible 2nd victory.

73 Tree N6TR
bert at jzap.com
http://www.jzap.com/k7rat/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com