AE0M NA Sprint Scores

Tony and Celia Becker becker at sprintmail.com
Wed Feb 12 08:21:03 EST 1997

                              SPRINT SSB SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 02-Feb-97
    Callsign Used : AE0M
         Operator : AE0M
         Category : SOAB
 Default Exchange : TONY CA
             Time : 3:30 hrs
             Name : Anthony J. Becker
          Address : 3273 B. Rocky Water Lane
   City/State/Zip : San Jose, CA 95148
          Country : United States
            email : becker at sprintmail.com
              RIG : FT-990, FL-7000, and 486DX2-66 MHz running TRLog v 5.95
            Power : 500W
        Team/Club : Northern California Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults        Antenna

   80SSB       6           6          6       1    40m Inv. Vee @ 20'
   40SSB      69          69         69      15    40m Inv. Vee @ 20'
   20SSB      41          41         41      16    20m Inv. Vee @ 24'

 Totals      116         116        116      32

    Final Score = 3712 points.

QXQ:  Started on 20m at exactly 0000Z, but the bottom dropped out at at 0045Z. The low dipole worked OK on 40m but ran out of guys to work begging was not as productive as during NAQP.  You know 20m is not the band when RW0MM is the loudest signal so I thought I'd try 80m at 0220Z.  The 40m dipole still really doesn't work well on 80M, the rate hit single digits and I ran out enthusiasm at 0330Z.  Heck, its only a Phone contest.

Best last 10 min. was 15 Qs or 90 Q/hr @ 0220Z.  Best hour was 57 Qs ended 0143.  I still can't CQ.  The sigs were weak on 20 and 40 so I missed a lot of right coast mults, too.

No neighbors interrupted me, so I guess they were away, or the filters I gave them got installed and worked.

K7RAT / Bert ... Ratbert?  Who was that man?

                              SPRINT CW SUMMARY SHEET

     Contest Date : 09-Feb-97
    Callsign Used : AE0M
         Operator : AE0M
         Category : SOAB
             Time : 4 hrs
            email : becker at sprintmail.com
              RIG : FT-990, FL-7000, and 486DX2-66 MHz running TRLog v 5.98
            Power : 500W
        Team/Club : Northern California Contest Club

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults        Antenna

   80CW        3           3          3       0    40m Inv. Vee @ 20'
   40CW       88          88         88      10    40m Inv. Vee @ 20'
   20CW       87          87         87      30    20m Inv. Vee @ 24'

 Totals      178         178        178      40

    Final Score = 7120 points.

QXQ:  Now THAT is a contest!  I am humbled by those with 350 Qs and 46 mults and my hat is off to you.

I started driving up from Bakersfield at 1900Z and arrived in the San Jose shack at 2330Z.  I spent a few minutes with the PED CT simulator.  I still was flat at 0000Z as the frenzy started so I began in S&P.  I couldn't get a response for three whole minutes!  Got TR in the wrong mode (should 'a used the TR simulator) and screwed up the exchange with 'ZD Randy at 0005Z.  Didn't get "in the groove" until 0015Z.

Best 10 min. rate was 14 Qs or 84/hr ended 0030Z.  Best hour rate was 62 Qs ended 0104Z.  I gotta get a real 80m antenna tho', 'cause last hour was 31 Qs and only 3 were on 80m.  Honest N6NT refused to log Q #179 at 0400Z saying "sri Tony, its over..."  or it could 'a been 4 (good for you, Bruce).  One radio is all I can handle tho'.

Once again there were no knocks on the door so all told it was an enjoyable outing.

I probably ought to give this one a try from a station with decent antennas next time.

See y'all in ARRL CW from N6RadioOakley.
AE0M, Tony Becker - becker at sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, U.S.A.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com