W7GG HAL RTTY CLAIMED + STORY

Bill Turner wrt at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 14 00:34:20 EST 1997

On Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:14:14 -0800, "Bob Wruble" <ai7b at teleport.com> =
wrote:
<snip>
>PEEVES:
>
>**Stns that answer my CQ and give exchange B4 I even=20
>  acknowledge they have contact.....this behavior clutters
>  up the Freq. and screws up rhythm.  They insisted on
>  doing this every Q on each band!  The appeared to be using
>  WF1B SW but gess they don't know how to use it properly!

This IS annoying, but there's an easy work-around.  When he's finished, =
just
send your S&P exchange instead of the normal F2.  He'll QSL and you're =
done.
Here's how:

CQ DE W7TI W7TI K                   (I'm CQing)
W7TI DE W1XXX UR 599 001 001 001 K  (he sends exchange first)
W1XXX QSL UR 599 002 002 002 K      (my S&P exchange)
W7TI QSL TNX K                      (he QSLs)
W1XXX QSL QRZ DE W7TI K             (done)

There are just five different transmissions between the two of you, the =
same
as if he did it "right".  No harm, no foul.

73, Bill W7TI
wrt at eskimo.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com