K4HQ/QRP ARRL DX SSB DONE AT 20:30

Andrew H Lewis k4hq at juno.com
Sun Feb 16 17:43:39 EST 1997

                       ARRL INTERNATIONAL CW DX CONTEST-1997

             Call: K4HQ/QRP                 Country: USA NC
             Mode: CW                           Category: SOUA QRP
             Hours: About 8 Hours      Logging: Paper Logged

Band         QSO         QSO PTS      Mults          Antenna
160             0                  0                   0
None
80               32                96                24               80
mtr. Loop in attic
40               73                219              41
Loopskywire in Attic
20               106              318              67              20 Mtr
dipole facing SE/NW in Attic/loop
15                58               174              45              80
Mtr dipole in Attic tuned to 15 Mtr
10                 0                   0                 0
Totals         269              807             142,839

Rig: Kenwood TS 820S

Well, I had to quit at 20:30 because of a nagging headache. It's evident
in this contest that I have to improve my code speed! I just couldn't
keep up with every one else! I got my code key fixed during the contest
on Saturday afternoon so I was reved and ready to go. Excellent
conditions on 15 and 20.

Problems:
The only problem was while I was running this afternoon and it is part of
why I quit so early. Some jerk kept calling me name on voice and CW on
14.080 this afternoon so I QSYed and wherever I went, he went! I couldn't
get rid of him, so I turned the rig off early. Another problem, my code
speed. My keeyer would only key up to 15 wpm because it is not Iambic so
a lot of the contesters didn't like it and wouldn't slow down for me, but
that's life.

headache. Looking forward to the SSB test where I should fare a little
better.

73
K4HQ     Andrew Lewis   16 Years Old

73