W6XR SOHP ARRL CW

Natan Huffman force12e at lightlink.com
Mon Feb 17 22:00:42 EST 1997

	What an uneventful weekend!  Everything worked, propagation was very
predictable, I slept too much and had a lot of fun playing CQ TEST for a
significant part of two days.  Even had good propagation from this part of
New York on 80 and 160 this time round -- too bad I dislike those bands so
much!  Really did not work anything that was unexpected, as the openings
were pretty much "by the book" all weekend.

	If the propagation program, perpetually running in my head, said there was
an opening, there was and it was a short but good one!  No surprises and no
big disappointments either, except for 10 meters which never opened to
anywhere all weekend.  My lovable Dachschund Doggie, (Ithaca's Premier Deli
Dachs) kept my feet warm and looked at me with those big brown eyes as if
to say that dogs don't do this type of thing in "Den World."

	Even though I spent my early contest years on this coast, I still laugh at
the idea of a European telling me I am QRM'ng him on 80 meters with my CQs.
 On Friday and Sat. night, the Europeans were as  loud as the neighbor
Midwest at this QTH.  With filters as good as what is in the 1000MP and
with the additional DSP outboard unit I use, it is possible to get too
close to someone and not be aware of it!  As we go into the next sunspot
climb, we will all miss openings like the one we had this weekend.

	Real happy to make my first submission on behalf of the Frankford Radio
Club!!

160 meters    20 Qs, 16 countries
 80	       136 Qs, 40 countries
 40               413 Qs, 72 countries
 20               835 Qs, 72 countries
 15               121 Qs, 49 countries
 10	        0/0

Totals    1525 QSOs and 249 countries for 1, 139,175 FRC points.

Kept the transmitter on for 25.6 hours this contest......enjoyed the sleep,
however, the highlight of the contest for me was when my 12 year old son
shows up on Sat. morning with two eggs and toast he cooked himself.  Now if
I could only get him interested in ham radio and contesting.....

ps....I need an FRC op to help me operate during the March ARRL phone......

No packet and no help except from my Sadie D. Dachschund Dog

W6XR, located in Ithaca, NY is:

160 ..... Force 12 160 vertical with elevated radials and an inverted V at
72'

80.........Force 12 rotatable dipole at 80'

40.........Force 12  2 el. yagi at 72

20/15/10......Force 12 C3's at 75 and 45' stacked with a Dunestar box

10          Force 12 4 element monobander at 85'

Radio is Yaesu FT1000MP and Mr. Alphy is an Alpha 86 model.  CT is used for
logging.

Thanks to all for the 1525 contacts!

73s,

Natan W6XR