[3830] KM0L 160M ssb Score

Stephen C Lufcy km0l at unix.tfs.net
Sun Feb 23 11:00:54 EST 1997

call: KM0L
mode: SSB
state: MO
cata: SOHP

QSO    PTS    states    countries     score
152    328      49         1       =   16,400

rig: TS-940s, TL-922A (800 w) -> Inv L (up 65' out 65')

time: CT says 3.2 hours

soap: no effort = no score. Am saving myself for the upcoming WPX- just
wanted to try out the 160 m system. This band amazes me- the stations
that can be heard and worked with a small set up. The 160 m ops are
great! Can you imagine this activity on 75 m? Don't know why the ops are
so different from band to band- but I sure see why they call 160 the
"gentleman's band". Anyway- thanks for the test and CU all in ARRL DX and
WPX- lotsa phone activity coming up. This test help limber up the tonsils.
73 de KM0L Steve in KC

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com
Sponsored by:             N4VJ / K4AAA, KM3T, N5KO & AD1C