N9YXA NAQP CW SO

Cedrick Johnson- N9YXA n9yxa at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 12 18:10:42 EST 1997

The score:

1997 NAQP CW
Station: N9YXA
Rig: TS-180S into a 27' triband vertical
Single Operator Unassisted
Hrs. Of Op.: 4hrs.

TOTAL POINTS: 912
# of Contacts: 38
# of Multipliers: 24

20M Q's: 32
15M Q's: 06

The story:
I had planned on putting up a 40 meter sloper before the weekend, but
-40 degree wind chills stopped me. We also had a lot of snow too.. So
I had to stick with 20 and 15 meters. I woke up Saturday morning and
played around on the two meter DX frequency, then fired up the
radio... After spending 15 minutes getting my logging program ready,
I worked my first contact.. Things then went at a steady pace until
2200 UTC when I had to go QRT to attend my best friend's wedding.. We
talked about juicy multipliers and lovely pileups and then did the
Macarena! I returned home to find 20 meters dead as a doorknob
(0400Z).... Well, I enjoyed the contest! Hope to see you next week
as I operate as a guest at WA9TPQ's shack for NAQP SSB!

See you in the pileups!
de N9YXA Fred IL QSL?
73 es vy gud DX
de N9YXA