WA7BNM NAQP SSB

Bruce Horn bhorn at netcom.com
Mon Jan 20 08:06:25 EST 1997

               North America QSO Party

Call: WA7BNM
Location: S.Calif
Category: Single Op
Operating Time: 9.5 hours

Team: SCCC Team 1

           Q       M
----------------------------
160        3       3
 80       94      34
 40      140      43
 20      230      46
 15      226      39
 10        2       1
----------------------------
         695     166  =  115,370

Rig: Yaesu FT-1000D (150 watts)

Comments:

  Took my first break in the contest after only 35 minutes -- had to go to the
  office. Originally planned to go before the start of the contest, but
  spent too much time trying to work VK0IR.

  Started on 15m, but it seemed slow before my trip to the office. On my
  return, it seemed better and I had a 110 Q hour (I know it may not seem like
  a big deal to some, particularly when K6LL AVERAGED 124 Qs/hr for the entire
  contest). But one band always seemed to dry out before the next one opened.
  Checked 10m several times during the afternoon, but never heard anything. If
  there was a 10m opening from S.Calif, I missed it.

  Congrats to teammate K6LL for another impressive performance. It always
  seems like Dave must be operating in some other contest than the one I'm in!

  Favorite exchange:  N9ITX/7's  Joe MT

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at netcom.com)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com