N4BP NAQP SSB

Bob Patten n4bp at shadow.net
Tue Jan 21 03:30:04 EST 1997

Call used: N4BP						Location: FL
Category: Single Op All Band		Mode: SSB	Power: 100W
Callsign of Operator: N4BP

Exchanged Information: N4BP BOB FL
Hours of Operation: 09:42

band	QSOs	points	mults
====	====	======	=====
 160	   0	     0	    0
  80	 182	   182	   42
  40	 247	   247	   49
  20	 569	   569	   51
  15	   2	     2	    2
  10	   0	     0	    0
====	====	======	=====
TOTAL	1000	  1000	  144		SCORE: 144,000

Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Comments:  This was the first time I've been on 75M in several years and
probably the last time for years to come.  I've read the comments about
the harassment on this band, but to associate these animals with "pig
farmers" is an insult to the pig farmers of the country.  Finally, in
disgust, I put NA in the "repeat" mode and took a half hour break.  If
this counts as operating time, I'm over my 10 hours...  Interesting to
note the intelligence of this group who were still telling me that
"You're not going to work anybody on this frequency" when I came back.
	The multiplier suffered from poor judgement.  I should have spent
much more time on 15M searching them down.  10M sounded completely dead
any time I scanned the band.  My line noise was back on 40 & 80 although
not as bad as it sometimes gets.  I heard no signals on 160M but I was
listening on an 80M dipole.
	I'll probably "play" in this one again, but will not try to compete.
Future efforts will be on 10-40M

Bob Patten, N4BP
Plantation, FL
n4bp at shadow.net