N5UL CQWW 160 CW

Charles Shaw n5ul at wtaccess.com
Mon Jan 27 03:30:58 EST 1997

N5UL
SINGLE OP
HIGH POWER
NEW MEXICO

CALL            HRS      SCORE       Q'S      PTS     ST/VE    DX
N5UL	         20.5     87,975      463              54       21

Comments:
- Two different worlds:  Friday night & Saturday night.
- Propagation good to NM Saturday night.  Couldn't tell Friday night--too
much QRN.
- Was called by a few EUs and one ZL.
- After 16 years of regular contesting on 160, I had my first direct
encounter with a DX Window Cop late Saturday night.  He informed me that I
was "in DX Window."  "QRMing DX."  "QSY, DX Window."  I said:  "No, 30/35".
"My call N5UL, ur call?"  So I moved down 120 Hz and kept CQing.  He quit
after a few more remarks.  Note that I had worked a bunch of stations
there, including the DX who had called me.  This occurred almost exactly on
1.825  (TWENTY-FIVE).  If he had given his call I could have snail-mailed
him a copy of the band plan and Contest Rules.  Did anyone else hear from him?
- Thanks for QSOs!
73, Charles

Charles W. Shaw, N5UL
Hobbs, NM