160 CW NQ4I Multi-Op

Rick Dougherty NQ4I 102505.2241 at compuserve.com
Mon Jan 27 08:33:27 EST 1997

Enclosedi s the score from NQ4I Multi-op.....Ops w                      CQ
160 METER CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: NQ4I                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Single

               QSO   QSO PTS  STATES COUNTRIES

     Totals    820    2418      57      43    =   241,800

Operator List: NQ4I,K4BAI, and K2UFT

Equipment Description:  TS-930S, Alpha 78 and 3 1/4 wave slopers

Club Affiliation: Dixie Dx'ers and SEDXC

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Rick Dougherty  NQ4I
               1501 Cabin Creek Trail
               Griffin, GA 30223-1618

Operators were K2UFT, NQ4I, and K4BAI.....Friday nite was a complete
disaster...thunder and lightning
for hours and lots of rain and precip static...I live on the edge of a golf
course and in order to have a beverage to europe, I have to wait until the
last golfer has cleared the course and then string the 800 foot beverage
across Number one fairway and the number eighteen fairway...needless to say
the beverages were not very effective friday nite...John and I struggled
with qso's that nite...sorry for the many repeats and missed rpts...but we
had all we could handle in between 40 over 9 static crashes ....

By 8 :30 Sat morning we only had 400 qso's and only 8 dx contacts...a
couple of the strong carribbeans we could hear...was able to work KH6 mult
and then we packed it in for the day...after a little rest John checked the
rig about 3pm and we were hearing lots of sigs...so back at the grind...in
the mean time. the weather had improved considerably and there were no
clouds and no static...I told John that tonite was our nite...and sure
enough it was tremendously better....we worked many loud europeans...and
our best was 4L5O...then at sunrise a beautiful JA opening...and got 4 in
the log...best ever from this qth...am looking at the possibility of new
qth soon with 14 acres and lots of more towers that I have now...

Will not activate the station for either of the ARRL test as one daughter
is getting married the middle weekend ant I can't take either off for
contesting...poor planning on her part...but look for another multi effort
ffom us in the end of March for the WPX SSB....73 de Rick

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com