WI9WI 160 CW SO HP

JHFitzJr at aol.com JHFitzJr at aol.com
Tue Jan 28 15:02:09 EST 1997

Station: WI9WI
Operator: WI9WI
Location: Wisconsin
Category: Single Op, Hi Power (no packet)

Score
CALL   HRS   QSOS   PTS   W/VE   DX      TOTAL
WI9WI    16     607      1547   56        23       122,213

Gear: IC-765, AL-82 (1000 W), 42 ft Col-Atch-Co vertical, full wave loop 30
ft up, 3 short Bverages S, W, E (east one apparently broken), CT 7.x, 386
laptop, etc.

Worked all continental states (last MS Sun AM), never heard KH6 (or is it
AL0), or KL7 in spite of having no comments on the recent AL0HA fiasco.
DX worked in order of appearance: P4, V4, 8P, KP4, CT, SM, PA, OK, EA8,
FM,GW, OM, G, UA2, 9A, EA, I, SP, DL, GM, OZ, ZF, JA
DX heard but not worked (Sob): UA1, LY, OH, OH0, LA, S5, 4N, F, HA, LZ, HI,
PY, VK, ZL, plus a couple of more I've already forgotten.

Comments: Made the 5 1/2 hr drive to the cabin Fri PM, arriving at 5PM local.
Took 3 hrs to shovel the end of the drive in, shovel a path to the cabin,
unload the gear, and get the fire going. On the air at 02Z, noisy here as
everywhere, S9+ on the xmitting ants, S5-6 on the Beverages ( best was the W
one, listened on that most of the night.) Heard NO Eu 1st nite. Condx much
better Sat, S3-5 noise on the xmtg ants, S1 on the wires. Heard lots of Eu
all night, but worked most of what I did at Eu sunrise.

Highs: Good condx Sat nite. Good cross country skiing in the day, tho temps
low.
Lows: About 10 below Sat AM, 28 below Sun AM. Had trouble keeping the inside
temp over 60 Sat nite.

First workout for my new call WI9WI, a nontraditional format. Like Dave,
KW9KW, most people got it right the first time, but some INSISTED I was W9WI,
WI9W, or WI9I, including some "big guns". Copy watcha hear. Dave Thompson
will find them and make them pay for their sins.

Jim WI9WI (ex-WB9HRO)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com