[3830] AA4NC IARU -SO Mixed

AA4NC at aol.com AA4NC at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 23:25:18 EDT 1997

AA4NC
Single Operator / Mixed mode
24 hours (except for the time Baywatch was on and I forgot to make any QSOs)

1670 Qs
157 mults
__________
890k

One of the few times in the last few years that my junk played pretty during
a contest. I can't think of anything that was busted, rusted or not running
its electrons properly. Must be due to changing to a higher quality duct tape
supplier. A few bouts of line noise, interstation interference and no
sunspots were the only downsides.
I must have been the only station that was on that was not a HQ station. This
thing is growing like vanity club calls... I can't complain though - This
contest has the best format going. It has something for everyone: Very high
rates (even S&Ping), Every ham in the world is worth at least 1 point, It's
over in 24 hours, you don't have to go to the Carribean or Africa to win the
world, Even the Black Hole can win (congrats KW9KW at K4VX for whackin' me).
Shows what happens when I forget to play the special Skynrd contest prep
CD...

Best DX: EM1HO and KL7Y on 80 (This is supposed to be summer?)

Worst DX: Tried to work K4MA (@ K4HA - 2 miles away) on 28.500. Turned out to
be his second harmonic from 14.250

Biggest mistake: Spending too much time running. With so many mults on, you
can actually miss too many stations who are only running as well.

Rig: FT990 + AL1200 / IC736 + LK500 (ran 1 radio 90% of time due to
interstation interference)
Ants (160 -10m): wires, wires, 402CD, 4/4, 4/4, doesn't matter

Submitted for your approval,

Will Roberts

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com