[3830] K8MR VHF QSO Party

Jim Stahl k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Mon Jun 16 19:06:08 EDT 1997

     K8MR   June VHF QSO Party    Single Op    EN-91 / OHIO

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     ----------------------------------
      50         87        87       37
     144        106       106       35
     222         35        70       22
     432         69       138       29
     -----------------------------------D
     TOTAL      297       401      123      SCORE: 49,323

     I too got tied up with family Father's Day activity, in
addition to a neighborhood picnic at our house Saturday
afternoon,  so this was about a half time effort.  Fortunately
the day I missed appears to have been a good one to miss.

     Very little E skip here Saturday - saw lots of PacketCluster
spots of 1's working 9's, very western 8's, and double hop, while
having absolutely nothing coming in here.  Eventually worked some
VE2s and VE4-5-6, and one quick weak Florida station.  Only heard
two other US Es stations, who were gone too quickly to work.
Tropo was none too good with a few brief exceptions.

     As a result of the part time nature, I had relatively few FM
qsos ( estimated 15) compared to 50+ I expect I would have
dragged up with more time.

     Now that the contest is over I hope to find the time to
put up my newly acquired 4218XL in place of the 13B2 and enlarge
my 5L CushCraft 6M beam to a 23 foot K6STI design.

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr at barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com