[3830] FD Scores for Internet

Stephen C Lufcy km0l at tfs.net
Mon Jun 30 15:42:47 EDT 1997

Ok- Here is FD score for the Raytown (Mo) ARC:

Call       class     Sec       CW Q's    ssb Q's    total Q's    bonus pts
 claimed score
W0GMV  1A        MO        1003         380         1383         1000
    5,772

We operated behind Raytown City Hall, where the Police Station is, and
policemen kept wandering thru to see what was going on- especially when we
started barbequeing!
We made 69 Q's on 6 meters! (plus 18 on 2, 2 on 220, and 7 on 440)
HF station was TS-830 and an all-band inverted V at 40 feet, plus a TS-940s
to an HF6V vert. 6 meters was an IC-736 to 3 ele yagi at 45'   2 meters was
TS-700A to 5 ele at 22', and 440 was TS-811 to 13 ele at 23'. A TS-50 was
used to make Q's on RS 12 and to pass traffic on 75 meters- it was hooked
to a 10- 80 in V at  about 30'. Don't know what the 220 rig was, but it was
FM only to a j-pole at 25'.
This was quite a set up for a small club. We had a great time and everyone
got to do their thing, operate cw or ssb, cook, eat, visit, operate
satelites, uhf/vhf, etc. etc. We even got some young folks interested in
operating- including 8 year old Rebecca, KB0VVT, who holds an extra class
license!
We learned a lot, and hope to improve on this next year.
CU all in the next contest- 73 de KM0L Steve in KC

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com