[3830] N7VY DX test SSB ..QRP

Gordon D. Blank n7vy at page.az.net
Mon Mar 3 03:41:10 EST 1997

 Greetings all...

Results are as follows:
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: N7VY                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator QRP

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160        3        9   3.0        1 1/4 wave sloper fp @ 70'
       80       16       48   3.0       10 Force 12 EF-180B @ 72'
       40       34      102   3.0       17 Force 12 C-4 @ 78'
       20      120      360   3.0       45 Force 12 C-4 @ 78'
       15       88      264   3.0       32 Force 12 C-4 @ 78'
       10        3        9   3.0        2 Force 12 C-4 @ 78'
     --------------------------------------

     Totals    264      792   3.0      107  =   84,744

Equipment Description: Yaesu FT-1000, Antennas by Force 12

Club Affiliation: Central Arizona DX Association

                             Signature _On_File_

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Gordon D. Blank  N7VY
               POBox 2473
               Page, AZ 86040

What happened to the bands??? I know operating QRP is supposed to be
chalanging but this was unreal. It was like having a 30db of
attenuation. Lost my remote antenna switch the first night, so I had to
run coax during the next day. Lost out on the low bands the first night.
Thanks to all for their patience.

                    73  Gordon  N7VY ex AA7VY

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com
Sponsored by:             N4VJ / K4AAA, KM3T, N5KO & AD1C