[3830] WA3FET(KB3AFT op) ARRL DX SSB, Single Op Single Band 80

James M. Spence jms403 at psu.edu
Mon Mar 3 09:32:08 EST 1997

        ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST (SSB)

Call:      WA3FET (KB3AFT op)
Category:  Single Op, Single Band 80
Power:     1500W
QTH:       PA(WPA)

QSOs      Countries     Final Score
-----------------------------------
325          77           75,075
-----------------------------------

Antennas:  NW/SE Dipole @ 175'   (0000Z Saturday - 1300Z Saturday)
           NE/SW Dipole @ 175'
           Inverted V   @ 160'
           2 Beverages each 1600'(W&NE)

Comments:

        Thanks to Jim, WA3FET for use of the station and Nathan, NW3Z for
all the work during the week getting it ready.   We were planning on
running a 4 or 5 element wire yagi towards Europe for this contest...but we
ended up with too much interaction with the antennas that were already up
and working.  I'm almost glad we didn't get the yagi up, since the 60 mph +
winds would have surely ripped it apart(NW/SE dipole fell victim Saturday
morning).

        Even with the Beverages noise was horrendous!

        Best DX:  5X and C2

        73

        Jim/KB3AFT

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com
Sponsored by:             N4VJ / K4AAA, KM3T, N5KO & AD1C