[3830] AA3JU ARRL DX SSB 97

George C. Cook george at epix.net
Mon Mar 3 14:25:50 EST 1997

                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: AA3JU                    Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Two

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS PTS/Q COUNTRIES

      160       15       45   3.0       13
       80       87      261   3.0       51
       40      154      456   3.0       59
       20      726     2166   3.0       95
       15      195      579   3.0       64
       10       39      114   2.9       12
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1216     3621   3.0      294  =   1,064,574

Operator List: AA3JU, N3DL, N3JGX, AA3TT

Equipment Description: Kenwood TS-930, Yeasu FT-1000D, Henry 2K Classic X,
Command Technologies, Audio by Heil, Death by Kim Chee.

Iron in the air
160 Inverted L
80 2 Stationary Yaggis
40 Delta Loop@ 25 ft, Dipole@ 60 ft
20, 15, 10 2 el Cubex Quad@ 50 ft, Mosley Classic 33 @ 25ft
And a beverage that never did work right

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club, The greatest contest club in the
known universe and most likely many parts of the delta quadrant also but
the subspace results from the 1951 intergalactic SS are as yet not in.

This is to certify that in this contest I certainly was not aware of
any rules to begin with and that I made every effort not to try to log
stations from North Carolina that had no clue as to what was going on
as KC4 stations from Antartica for credit.  Also I absolutely did not
work 2 extra hours after the contest like I did that one time in that
160 contest so please stop reminding me.  This station was operated
within the limits of what I figure that the wife would allow and she is
still pissed about not being able to use the dryer for the whole weekend.
My dog has gas.

                             Signature George C. Cook

Who the hell shut off the ionisphere just before a contest?  That was silly!
You know things are bad when TM1C and 9A1A are like 10 Dbs below ESP on 40
at night.  Luckly things cleared up a bit by Sat afternoon and we got some
stuff going on 20.  It always amazes me how we can manage to have every
licensed ham in the world on 200 kc of band for a whole contest weekend!
Good runs to EU on 20 Sunday up to 200/hr also got some EUs on 15 but
on a skewed path.  Why wont my beverage work?  It would just shut off
all of a sudden.  Swapped coax on it 3 times.  10 meters was it's usual
disaster and I think you guys are pulling my chain about these things called
sun spots.  I got the Kim Chee in Fort Lee this time and it was a little more
tangy than usual sure learned my lesson on that one, from now on it is
only Chef Mikes from Shila Garden or nothing!

Did you expect something sensible from me?
GCC
*George Cook.....AA3JU.....AKA "The Ratman" *
*george at epix.net.....AA3JU@W3PYF            *
*http://www.epix.net/~george                *
*Proudly Frankford Radio Club.........      *
*.......Proficiency Through Competiton.     *
*"Not just words but a way of life"         *

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com
Sponsored by:             N4VJ / K4AAA, KM3T, N5KO & AD1C