[3830] ARI contest, single op, CW only

Unger junger at usgs.gov
Mon May 5 10:16:22 EDT 1997

                               ARI SUMMARY SHEET

   Contest Dates : 03-May-97, 04-May-97

   Callsign Used : W4AU
       Operators : JOHN UNGER

        Category : single op - CW only

Default Exchange : 599 QSO#

            Name : John Unger
         Address : P. O. Box 95
  City/State/Zip : Hamilton, VA 20159
         Country : United States

  BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults   Countries

  40CW       17          17        139      12         3
  20CW      143         140        949      41        18

Totals      160         157       1088      53        21

   Final Score = 80512 points.

Soapbox Comments
________________

I didn't hear too many U.S. stations on during this contest, but I
had a lot of fun while fitting it in between work around the house.
There is a lot of European activity and never seems to be a shortage
of stations to work. Also,  lots of friendly ops on the air and
it was a good warm-up for WPX in a couple of weeks; I definitely
will try this contest again next year.

Operating time: 5 1/2 hours
Xcvr: Omni VI
Ants: KT-34A @ 40 feet; dipole for 40
Logging:  TRLog (by the way, I made up an ARI.DOM file for TRLog so
          that you can see the Italian Province abbrev. as you work
          them; let me know if you want a copy)

I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
established for amateur radio in my country. My report is correct and
true to the best of my knowledge. I agree to be bound by the decisions
of the Awards Committee.