[3830] WF3T WPX SOAB Assisted + Comments

WF3T steve.steltzer at paonline.com
Tue May 27 12:52:50 EDT 1997

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: WF3T                     Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Unlimited (Assisted)
					       High Power

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80       44      208   4.7        8
       40      464     1856   4.0      204
       20     1129     2896   2.6      370
       15      439     1175   2.7      118
       10        1        2   2.0        1
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   2077     6137   3.0      701  =   4,302,037 - 33 hours

Club Affiliation: PVRC

Antennas:
		160 - none at the moment
                80  - vertical loop
		40  - 40-2 CD @ 114 + vertical loop
                KT34XA's @ 100,70,40
		525 ft EU Beverage used on 40 and 80

Comments:
	Wow! The new QTH is working. Doubled last years score. Surprised
(and happy) to find early 15 meter opening to EU on Saturday. A lot of stns
didn't move the S meter, but clear, easy copy and they kept coming @ close
to 100 per for 4 hours. Come on sunspots!
        20 was fantastic Sunday morning. Pointed the high antenna on JA,
the bottom 2 on EU, and had a complete blast. Some of the JA's were ten
over + and would just bang in over the EU's clear as a bell.

Re: Cut numbers
	Yeah, I was guilty after 1k Q's. After going through sending
999 to 1019 the long way, seeing stns that were in my pileup disappear,
I changed to the cut #'s the next time I took a break. However, after
going through 1919 etc, I've decided to nix it in the future. Shame you
can't set CT up to abbreviate the 0's but leave 9 and 1 alone???

Coulda, shoulda, woulda's:
        I did a very poor job utilizing 2 radios and packet. Lesson learned,
if ya wanna play with the big boys, ya can't get lazy.

Another highlight:
        Being called by UY0MM, whose fantastic QSL card is currently
sitting on top of my monitor. Too bad he didn't include her phone #.
Search your logs and get those cards out guys :-)

                                                                73,
                                                                Steve

*\*  steve.steltzer at paonline.com (WF3T)  *\*
*\*        Harley Davidson Inc.          *\*

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com