[3830] CQWW CW 40m KR2Q/QRP score + short story

Doug KR2Q DougKR2Q@aol.com
Mon Dec 1 01:34:33 EST 1997

Contest: CQWW CW
Category: mono 40 qrp
Call:  KR2Q

Call        hours     score     points        qso's      zones      DX
KR2Q     29        87,285                      271         25          90

This was more fun than should be allowed.  I had an absolute blast doing this!

Highlights:
1) working 8Q7 at 2051z [remember, this is qrp 40 during daylight!].  He was
wedged between the LOUD GUYS taking up the bottom end and had no USA callers!
I just love when that happens.
2) working 3 new mults in the last 6 minutes  (IT9, 7Z5, 21).
3) saving grace:  I had called 7Z5OO throughout the contest with zero luck and
he was ready for my "hit" list.  I kept one vfo on him for hours at a time
both days, but never any success.  As mentioned in #2 above, worked him in the
last 5 minutes.  What a rush!  THANKS!!
4) disappointment: no qso with ZB2/OH2DT despite far too many tries and his
STRONG signal for long periods of time on both days.
5) was very surprised to put 5 JA's into the logbook (again, this is qrp 40
from NJ!) somewhere around 11z.

Old N.A. qrp 40 record: 21k.

Tnx to all 271 stations who hung in there long enough to get my call right.
:-)
Shame to those who called me KR2J (hmmm...are they using a database?)...you
are NOT in my log.

de Doug KR2Q