[3830] W6AX (N6IG) CQWWCW ABSOHPUA

Jim Pratt n6ig@netcom.com
Mon Dec 1 06:22:48 EST 1997

W6AX, operated by N6IG, from W6GO's QTH:

Single op, high power, all band, UNassisted:

         QSO        Zone    Countries
160      22          10        14
 80      88          21        36
 40     954          36       105
 20     539          32        94
 15     589          30        91
 10      85          19        34
     =================================

TOTAL  2277         148       374  ===>  3,323,574

Two rigs, two amps, two computers, two monitors, two keyboards, lotsa
antennas and great fun.

CLUB:  River City Contesters
TEAM:  Handkey #2

Great start on 15 to JA, it even stayed open a bit after dark.  After
many years of contesting, this was actually my first serious 48 hour
single op DX contest.  I have always preferred multi-op situations, but I
had the itch to "go it solo" this time.  I made it for 45 hours;  I took
a 2 hour nap at midnight Sunday morning, that was a mistake.  I was just
sleepy before the nap and could have kept going, but after the nap I had
no idea what I was doing or why all these people were calling me on the
radio.  I couldn't figure out the exchange, and was basically
disconnected from my body.  (Of course there are those that say I am
always that way, but that is a different matter!)  I operated for a while
(I hate to think what may be in the log), then took about another 40
minute nap.  I awoke refreshed and raring to go.  It may have been the
cold I am getting over, overdoing it at Thanksgiving dinner, or who knows
what, but I think I would have done better without any sleep.

I was very pleased with my score, just shy of the W6 record from the days
of sunspots, but way behind any East Coast efforts.

A great contest, sure better than Phone Sweepstakes without 10 meters!

73, Jim  N6IG