[3830] KB0O CW SS SO/LP

Patrick J. Korkowski pkorkows at badlands.nodak.edu
Sun Nov 2 23:52:26 EST 1997

                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES 1997

      Call: KB0O                     Section: Minnesota
      Mode: CW                       Category: SO/LP

      Exchange: <call> NR #A KB0O 91 MN

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80       63      126        -
       40      356      712        -
       20      374      748        -
       15      103      206        -
       10        2        4        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    898     1796       79

               Score:  141,884

Power Output: 100 watts     Hours of operation: 24

Equipment Description:  IC 725
                        Cushcraft A3S at 50 feet
                        Alpha Delta DXCC Dipole at 35 feet

        The new callsign and tower seem to have paid off.  I increased my
score by 20,810 points from last year (also a 24 hour effort), and I had my
first ever Clean Sweep in the log at 2318. Now, if I can only figure out how
to get back to school tomorrow in time for a 10:00 exam. I guess I had a
little too much fun here considering that the beginning of winter is now
upon us.

By the way, I really wish that more S&P stations would send my callsign as
the beginning of the exchange.  First off all, it would  help me fix the
problem in case they think that I am someone else (WB0O, KD0O, KB0M, ...).
Also, that way,  when the band is really crowded, the timing of the S&P
stations response is little bit off, and they are not perfectly zero beat
with me, I would know if they were responding to me or the guy next to me.
Right now I usually pretend that I don't copy their section.  If they
respond to my ask for a fill, I assume they are working me.  I think there
is an easier way.

73, Pat KB0O

(Possibly at W0HSC in ND for phone)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com