[3830] W1EQ 1997 ARRL SS CW

robert C. Garceau bobgar at neca.com
Mon Nov 3 12:08:52 EST 1997

Operator:  W1EQ, ex K1YRP

	Single Op. Low Power, 24 hrs of operation

	Section:  CT

	Band	Q's	Sects
	80	326
	40	174
	20	120
	15	134
	----------------------
		754     76--------114,608 points

	The 754 Q's is my best ever in 15+ years of SS operation

	Rig:  FT1000MP  (yes, I retired the 17 yr old ICOM 701)

	Antenna:  ATB34 at 45 feet
		  Inveterted vee's for 80 and 40 at 45 feet.

	Missed AK, LI and YT (Oh well, maybe next year)

	Club Affliation:  YCCC

	Comments:  Nice to see 15 active for a change.  I have had
	the MP for almost a month.  It performed great.  I just can't
	believe I worked so much on 80 meters.  Most of the time I
	was running when on 80.  The new rig helped reduce a fatigue
	factor that I always had with the ICOM-701. I don't usually
	operate in the SS phone; however, I will be recovering from
	some surgery so the best seat in the house might be the chair
	in the shack.

	Thanks for all the q's es 73's

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com