[3830] K7FR SS CW - SOLP

Gary Nieborsky k7fr at televar.com
Mon Nov 3 08:57:56 EST 1997

1177 q's  77 sec  =  181,258 pts   24 hrs. Single Op  Low Power..

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times............

Highs:  Knocking off VI, PR, AK and PAC in the first 15 minutes.  Exceeding
100 q's on 80 and 300 on 40.

Lows:  Desperately seeking ID on 15M only to find out that K7NHA was cq-ing
under me.....looking for EWA! (I did work him).  Not finding MR or YT.
Getting jammed on 15 and 20.

The first 10 hours looked like a 1,500 q effort.  The next 3 looked like a
300 q effort.  The last 11 was just average.  Did break my last years effort
but missed my goal of 1,200 q's.

Missed the sweep for the first time in 8 years.....what a bummer.   Reality
bit really hard at about 0000z Sunday.

1,000 q's, sweep, no problemo.........right.  It reminded me of a story told
to me by a B-52 pilot who served in Vietnam.   Get up in the morning, kiss
the wife good-bye, take off from Guam, drop your load, get home in time for
dinner........fine until a SAM takes your wing off....... that's reality biting.

I think the sweep is more important to me than 1,000 q's.

Guess we all need a dose of it once and a while.  A little humble pie on the
side too.......

73 Gary K7FR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com