[3830] W1AW QRP--ARRL CW SS

Zack Lau zlau at arrl.org
Mon Nov 3 16:23:42 EST 1997

W1AW QRP (op W1VT)  yes, thats ARRL HQ in CT

518 x 76 = 78,736

missed NE, YT, and PAC

Highlight--working WY, VI, and NL Sunday in just 10
minutes--hunting mults is great fun if you can keep the rate up.

Since I wasn't fully recovered from my trip to Sandusky Ohio for
the Microwave update the previous weekend (about 1250 miles of
driving), I kept it simple and just ran the Heathkit HW-9 that
cost me $160 plus another $60 for a 400 Hz CW crystal filter.

>NZ4I Comments: Enjoyed contest, wanted sweep but gave up at 3 pm
> Sunday after realizing I will never break the pileup for VY1JA
> with 100 watts and inverted vee! Next year I should have better
> antennas!

Last year Jay did great handling the SSB pileup--I was able
to work him with 4 watts to a Force 12 C3 at 60 ft--Zack W1VT

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com