[3830] KG8W SS Summary

Dave Riley dave at riley.net
Tue Nov 4 00:38:48 EST 1997

                       ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 1997

      Call: KG8W                     Country:  US
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator Low Power

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

      160        0        0        -
       80      137      274        -
       40       97      194        -
       20       58      116        -
       15       16       32        -
       10        0        0        -
     -----------------------------------

     Totals    308      616       67

               Score:  41,272

### A KG8W 70 MI

Icom IC-735 100 watts
80M, 40/15M, 20M dipoles up 25 feet.

CT 9.30 Logging Software

Time on 13.3 Hours

Had fun operating SS with modest setup. Even attempted to watch football and
operate at same time! Where was VE3/VA3? Even though I spent most of Saturday
evening /Sunday morning on 80M I could not find any Ontario stations!! I live
in Metro Detroit area only 20 miles from Ontario, I never heard them once!!

Also ran into several stations who said they worked me and I didn't work
them. I think I was being confused with KG8GW who I ran across the bands.
WT9Q was one of them so you may want to adjust your log...

TNX
See you in two weeks!

Dave Riley - KG8W

dave at riley.net