[3830] K2KV CQWW SSB Multi-Multi

N2GA at aol.com N2GA at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 11:00:11 EST 1997

CQ WW DX Contest SSB 1997        Call Used: K2KV    United States (NY)
Category: Multi-Multi (2 positions)

K2KV    47 hrs   2,209,383 points   1563 QSOs   4257 QSO pts  115 zns 404 dxc

Band   QSO   points   pts/QSO   zones   countries
160           9        16       1.78           5           7      252'
Windom, Gap Voyager
80           70      157       2.24          11         37      252' Windom,
Gap Voyager
40         146      391       2.68          23         80      KLM 40M4 (4-el
40M) @ 74'
20         829     2293      2.77          31        121      KLM kt34-XA @
90', kt34a @ 55'
15         376     1035      2.75          26        106         "       "
10         133       365      2.74          19          53         "       "
Totals   1563     4257      2.72        115        404  =>  2,209,383

Operator List:  K2KV, WM2V, N2GA, K2DO, KS2G, N2JIX

Equipment Description:  2 operating positions, 2 Yaesu FT1000MP's
                                    2 Alpha 87A's, Single Tower

Club Affiliation: Order of Boiled Owls (NY)

Comments:  For the first time ever, we had many, many problems with Murphy
and his cohorts.  I guess we were due.  For one thing, although everything
was working perfectly the day before, none of the comm ports on the main
computer would talk, so after exhausting efforts to revive, we first had to
reinstall everything on another machine (Jeff keeps 4 computers in the shack,
luckily).  So after a late start due in part to the above problem, we were
off.  Once we got on 40 meters, problems resurfaced as the computer would
crash with each transmission!  That kept us off 40 until we REMOVED the
ground connection to the computer halfway through and the problem
disappeared!  Then, the FT1000mp refused to transmit on 10 meters!  But even
with these problems, we increase our score and QSO's 50% over last year!
 Come on sunspots!  Thanks to all who worked us.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com