[3830] K2NNY CW SS Multi-Single Score

Wilkowski,Joe Joe_Wilkowski at mc.xerox.com
Wed Nov 5 05:17:38 EST 1997

     Call used: K2NNY                                         Location: NNY

     Category: Multi-Single Xmtr          Mode: CW              Power: 1500

     Callsign of Operator:

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

     K8FC NG2P K2CS K2ZR W2LV K2DB

     Exchanged Information: nr B K2NNY 95 NNY

     Hours of Operation: 23:57

     band      QSOs     points
     ŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽ
     160          0          0
      80        463        926
      40        164        328
      20        130        260
      15        168        336
      10          0          0
     ŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽŽ
     TOTAL      925       1850   X   79 multipliers  =  146,150

     Club or Team Name: Rochester DX Association

     Comments: This year we were again hit by Murphy.  We tried to get up
     a three element Yagi to open up on the high bands but disaster after
     disaster befell us.  We finally gave up and put up wires for everything.
     The wires turned out great !  NNY was in demand ! (kinda)  We were
     ready. With strategy in place, we opened up on 15 and it was non stop
     excitement from then on.. We stagnated on Sun morning and only needed
     VO1 for the sweep... Less than 600 miles from VO1 and none around...We
     had 17 mins left and we were all pretty much resolved to the fact we
     would have no  sweep. We were bummed !! Most of the group were on their
     way home with the exception of a couple of ops who hung out for totals.
     Nine mins left to operate and  were  running them on 40 while alternately
     checking the rest of the band.   BANG! up pops VO1MP running em' fast !
     Dump in the call .. no results... crank down the hertz a bit...dump it
     in again.... no joy....take a deep breath..listen to the guy he works
     zero beat.... dump it in...BINGO----K2NNY K2NNY K what else can be
 said, we
     were happy hogs.....

Rig Icom 765    Amp  Dentron MLA2500