W6V SOHP SS Phone
n6ig at netcom.com
Mon Nov 17 09:17:59 EST 1997
W6V (N6IG operator at W6GO) score, phone SS:
TOT 1990 x 79 ===> 314,420
One radio, high power, 23.999 hours operating time
Score for River City Contesters.
1) I don't think the 1x1 call was either an advantage or a disadvantage.
A few people couldn't copy it OK, but not a problem. And the rate wasn't
any higher than usual, so at best it was an interesting novelty. (Had it
been CW, I am sure it would have been more of a problem, though.)
2) A very frustrating weekend. I felt like I was in a black hole,
propagation-wise. I would listen to people in SoCal, or N7TR, running
stations I couldn't hear. I would then go up band from N7TR and call CQ,
he would get a pileup and I would just call CQ. Is he really that much
louder than I was? Anyway, great job, Rich, wait till next year!
3) I got accused of "wiping out the entire Heathkit net" on the high end
of 20 meters Sunday morning. Then the person who told me that (without a
call, of course) started cussing me out over and over. I had to bite my
tongue from saying to the Heathit people "gee, if you had a better rig,
maybe you wouldn't have had such a problem".
4) Looking forward to the return of 10 meters, the first 20 minutes or so
was pretty good, then it was like someone threw a switch.
5) Last mult was NL, worked two VE8/VY1s.
73, Jim N6IG
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/3830faq.html
Submissions: 3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests: 3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems: owner-3830 at contesting.com
More information about the 3830