[3830] W6V SOHP SS Phone

Jim Pratt n6ig at netcom.com
Mon Nov 17 09:17:59 EST 1997

W6V (N6IG operator at W6GO) score, phone SS:

10     74
15    405
20    694
40    732
75     85
    ======
TOT  1990 x 79 ===> 314,420

One radio, high power, 23.999 hours operating time

Score for River City Contesters.

Comments:

1) I don't think the 1x1 call was either an advantage or a disadvantage.
A few people couldn't copy it OK, but not a problem.  And the rate wasn't
any higher than usual, so at best it was an interesting novelty.  (Had it
been CW, I am sure it would have been more of a problem, though.)

2) A very frustrating weekend.  I felt like I was in a black hole,
propagation-wise.  I would listen to people in SoCal, or N7TR, running
stations I couldn't hear.  I would then go up band from N7TR and call CQ,
he would get a pileup and I would just call CQ.  Is he really that much
louder than I was?  Anyway, great job, Rich, wait till next year!

3) I got accused of "wiping out the entire Heathkit net" on the high end
of 20 meters Sunday morning.  Then the person who told me that (without a
call, of course) started cussing me out over and over.  I had to bite my
tongue from saying to the Heathit people "gee, if you had a better rig,
maybe you wouldn't have had such a problem".

4) Looking forward to the return of 10 meters, the first 20 minutes or so
was pretty good, then it was like someone threw a switch.

5) Last mult was NL, worked two VE8/VY1s.

73, Jim  N6IG

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com