[3830] Wo4o LP Score ARRL SSB SS

Ric Painter wo4o at juno.com
Mon Nov 17 22:00:24 EST 1997

                      ARRL NOVEMBER SWEEPSTAKES

Call used: WO4O                               Location:  TN
Category: Single Op All Band                  Mode:      SSB
Callsign of Operator: WO4O                    LOW Power: 100w

Hours of Operation: 23:37  (A few totally wasted minutes)
Off Times: 23:45-00:19, 09:32-13:45, 18:58-19:29, 01:54-03:00

     band      QSOs     points  antennas
     -------------------------------------
      75        347        694  inverted v
      40        233        466  dipole
      20         97        194  quad/yagi
      15        150        300  quad/yagi
      10         20         40  quad/yagi
     -------------------------------------
     TOTAL      847       1694   X   79 multipliers  =  133,826

Club Name: TENNESSEE CONTEST GROUP

Comments: My sixth Phone SS and consecutive Clean Sweep.  Another
          personal best in this event.  Never checked 160m but
          later learned there was activity on Top Band, meaning I
          missed some points.  20m was a disappointment for me,
          as I was about 153 Qs from my goal.  Anxiety about
          working NL (which I missed in CW) quickly diminished
          when VO1IMB called me in first 3 hours.  Last two were
          AK and NWT.  Worked 2 AK back to back and then VY1JA
          for another Sweep @ 2153z Sunday (TU).  If there was an
          award for "Most Polite Op" I'd nominate KG2MR.  The 75m
          Pig Farmers were out for mud.  I put on my boots and
          rolled up my sleeves.  "These boots are made for
          walkin' and that's just what they'll do; one of these
          days these boots are gonna. . ."  I miss CW already.
          Hey, I'm only human.  "I really looove you man."  GN

73 Ric wo4o at juno.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com