[3830] AD6DO SSB SS LP

KC6CNV at aol.com KC6CNV at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 21:04:09 EST 1997

                            SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 15-Nov-97, 16-Nov-97, 17-Nov-97

    Callsign Used : AD6DO
         Operator : AD6DO

         Category : SOLP

 Default Exchange : # A AD6DO 89 ORG

             Name : Daniel M. Craig
          Address : 200 Barcelona Circle
   City/State/Zip : Fullerton, CA 92835
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SCCC

   80SSB      63          63        124       4    ½ wave sloper
   40SSB     406         406        812      11  3 ele KLM at 80 ft
   20SSB     608         608       1216      21  5 ele KLM at 70 ft
   15SSB     250         250        500      28   4 ele mono at 55 ft
   10SSB      57          57        114      15    4 ele mono at 50 ft/
                                                                 6 ele mono
at 45 ft

 Totals     1384        1384       2766      79

    Final Score = 218514 points.

Rig: TS-950S, and no voicer (ugh)

I was very happy that I was able to operate in the contest.  I set a goal of
950x76, which is what is what I got in last years contest.  I was really
surprised at how well I did.  I had my best hour ever at 112 during the 1st
hour.  I was hoping ten would produce lots of qso’s, but it never sounded
good.  I started out there and made 42 q’s before things started to slow way
down.  The neighbours called while I was operating on 15m, even with low
power.  So I had to leave there during a good run on Sunday.  This was
probably the last serious SSB effort in any contest from my house due to the
TVI problems with several neighbours.  10m, 15m, and 75m always cause lots of
problems with them when I am on SSB.  It was a lot of fun, and I am glad that
I got my first sweep on SSB.

Every mult that I worked called me eventually, but I was getting worried
about PR, and VI on Sunday afternoon, but a short time later WP3DX and WP2Z
called me on 20…

73, Daniel Craig, AD6DO age 17 (Ex: KC6CNV, KQ6SC, BV/KC6CNV)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com