[3830] Cal QSO Party K6NA SOHP Score

David O. Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Mon Oct 6 22:20:58 EDT 1997

                           CAL QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

    Callsign Used : K6NA
         Operator : K6LL
         Category : Single Op High Power
        Team/Club : SCCC

  160CW       30          30         90       0
  160SSB       7           7         14       0
   80CW      100         100        300       0
   80SSB      81          81        162       0
   40CW      164         164        492       0
   40SSB     124         124        248       0
   20CW      198         198        594       2
   20SSB     852         851       1702       8
   15CW      242         242        726       5
   15SSB     498         496        992      43
   10CW       14          14         42       0
   10SSB     112         112        224       0

 Totals     2422        2419       5586      58

    Final Score = 323988 points.

cw QSO's     748
ssb QSO's   1671
total QSO's 2419

This is actually the first time I've single-op'ed from
a good station. It opened my eyes to what I've been
missing from at home. EU called all day long on 15 and
20, even off the side of the beams. EU also called quite
a bit on 40 cw in the evening.

We used my TS-850, my computer with TR-log, Glen's little
Alpha 78 Amp, and his antenna farm. There are too many antennas
for me to keep straight from memory, but it's something like:

160 - Phased wire verticals
80 - 2 element horizontal wire Yagi at about 130'
40 - 3 el Yagi at 140'
20 - Yagi at 140' and 90'
15 - Yagi at 150' and 60'
10 - Yagi at about 60'

Band conditions were quite good except for 40, which was
in some kind of funky mode, with few people on the band.
Maybe I just got there too late because 20 was so good.
The brief ten meter opening was a nice little bonus. It
was good to hear 15 so lively. That bodes well for the
west coast in SS. The pig farmers and even one farmerette
were active on 75. It was kinda funny, in a twisted sort
of way.

Any time you can average over 100 per hour for 24 hours,
it's a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for all the Q's and
thanks to Glen and family for their hospitality.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
K6LL at juno.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com