[3830] K5OY CQP SOLP

Steve Gibbs tv4029weather at khbs-khog.com
Mon Oct 6 15:58:01 EDT 1997

                           1997 CALIFORNIA QSO PARTY

     Call used: K5OY                                           Location: AR

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: MIXED           Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: K5OY

     Exchanged Information: K5OY nr AR

     Hours of Operation: 07:49

     band   CW QSOs     CW pts   SSB QSOs    SSB pts
     160          0          0          0          0
      80         15         45          1          2
      40         37        111         15         30
      20         35        105         31         62
      15         30         90         75        150
      10          0          0          0          0
     144          0          0          0          0
     TOTAL      117        351        122        244

     ( 595 ) QSO points  X  ( 48 ) Multipliers  =  28,560 points

     Comments: Didn't intend to operate.  Didn't even know, quite truthfully,
       that the contest was this last weekend.  But once I started, it was like
       the proverbial potato chip.  I couldn't stop.  Good practice for the
       upcoming season.  And this will be the first season I make some serious
       efforts after a couple of years of practice.  It would really be nice,
       and this is only a suggestion, if all of the great California ops I worked
       this weekend would take DXpeditions to various far away places for CQWW.
       That way, I know I'd work the DX that's out there.  It would really help
       my score.  So make your travel arangements now and give special notice to
       trips to the 50 most needed countries.  And, if one of you wouldn't mind,
       head back to Heard.  I missed them the last time.  Hi Hi.  Thanks for a
       fun contest.

     I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations for
     amateur radio  in my country.  My report  is correct and true to the
     best of my knowledge.  I agree  to be bound by  the decisions of the
     contest committee.

     Name: STEVE GIBBS                     Call: K5OY
           22 ABERDEEN CT
           FT SMITH, AR  72908

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com