[3830] N6TV CQP Score and Comment

Robert A. Wilson n6tv at vnet.IBM.COM
Wed Oct 8 00:55:45 EDT 1997

                      California QSO Party -- 1997

      Call: N6TV                     County:   Santa Clara
                                     Category: Single Operator, High Power

      MODE      QSO    QSO PTS  MULTS

       CW      825     2475        0
      SSB     1255     2510        0

      Totals  2080     4985       58  =   289,130

  Band BreakDown

        CW     SSB

 160    22       4
  80    76     132
  40   207      51
  20   280     576
  15   236     451
  10     4      35
 VHF     0       6
 ALL   825    1255

Equipment Description:
   FT-1000MP (2), Alpha 87A, Alpha 86
   160:  Shunt-fed tower
    80:  Create 59' rotary dipole
    40:  3 ele Hygain Discoverer 7-3
    20:  5 ele mono (designed by N6BT)
    15:  5 ele mono (designed by N6BT)
    10:  5 ele mono (designed by N6BT)
    (All of the above on one tower)

Comments:
   Constant S-9 line noise on 20/15/10.  Noise Blanker helped a lot, but
   not quite enough.  Lots of good competition for the top 10 in California
   this year.  When VY1JA told me he had worked all 58 counties, it really
   made my day.  Many thanks to all the hard working County DXpeditioners
   and mobiles.

73,
Bob, N6TV
1997 CQP County Coordinator