[3830] OF1AF CQWW SSB M/S SCORE

Klimoff Timo timo.klimoff at ktm.vn.fi
Mon Oct 27 20:51:20 EST 1997

CALL: OF1AF
CLASS: MULTI-SINGLE
OPS: OH1NOA/OH0NOA, OH1MDR/OH0MDR, OH1EB/W8MN, OH1HEV, OH1HS/OH3KLV, OH1XT

PRELIMINARY SCORE:

BAND QSOS ZONES DXCC

160   166   5    44
80    603  16    65
40    594  27   104
20   1280  35   132
15    496  31   123
10    141  14    59

TOT  3280 128   527

SCORE: 3,634,595  ===> only about 1100 DX qsos!!!!

Some comments after a 10-hour-sleep:

The worst condx in CQWW according my memory (have been active since 1986).
The bands were great a week before the contest, and then aurora spoiled
everything up here in "Alaska of Europe".
We had finally a 4-hour-run on Sunday, but that's all to tell
to children. OH7AAC beat us with more DX
qsos and we will hit back on CW (the better mode).

160m

No DX, but numbers are something what we expected. I heard KC1XX S5 on
Sunday morning, but they had a big EU pileup.

80m

We started here. A lots of EU and some Caribbean. We S&P East Coast
Big Guns, so we got that US multiplier! (no zone 4 anyhow). Only JA
worked was JA3ZOH.

40m

Very marginal. Our multiplier team was too unmotivated on Saturday's aurora,
so our multiplier amount should be higher here. Our 20m and 40m antennas
are in the same tower, which makes some disadvantage for us during the
afternoons.

20m

No nighttime propagation. BIG pileup on Sunday, when band opened to US.
I was in 14195kHz and suddenly last 10 rate meter hit 405 q/hr!(personal record)
If you can hold this frequency for 3 hours, it makes your day!

15m

After BIG BIG openings to Japan all September and October ...we worked 2 JAs.
We were planning to get some 500-700 !
Some over the pole openings on Sunday. Northern Finland get thru much better
anyhow.

10m

Opened to Europe and Caribbean on Sunday. OH7AAC worked some 20 US here,
we got one (WB9Z).

50MHz/144MHz

Nice aurora.

Equipment:

FT1000MP, FT990, TS450S, TS830S + 4 linears. 4 PC's network.

Antennae:

160m inv V
80m  inv V
40m  3 el OH8QD yagi