[3830] KJ9C, CQ WW SSB

Melvin J Crichton CRICHTON_MELVIN_J at LILLY.COM
Mon Oct 27 13:26:01 EST 1997

Noting to brag about here, except it's the only phone operating I do each
year.... Mel

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1997

      Call: KJ9C                     Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Single Operator, High power

      160        4        8     2.00      3       3
       80        6       13     2.17      4       3
       40       50      127     2.54     15      35
       20      104      274     2.63     18      47
       15      141      377     2.67     19      58
       10       73      193     2.64      9      28

     Totals    378      992     2.62     68     174  =>  240,064

Equipment Description:
Kenwod TS-940, AL-80 amp at 500 watts, 80-10 vertical, dipoles on 160,
80, 40, 20 and 10. Not a whole lot for high power competition, huh?

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

COMMENTS: Missed the first six hours to a dynamite Halloween party. Was in
no condition to operate, so quit early and went to bed. Started Saturday am
as low power entry, but realized soon that there would be no winning score
this year, especially since ANOTHER party was yet to come Saturday night.
Switched to high power mid-day to crank out points for SMC. Ten was much
better this year... think I qualified for the Worked ALL Argentina award.

           MAILING ADDRESS:
               Mel Crichton  KJ9C

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com