[3830] CQ WW SSB Results : K9JF/7

Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF jfenster at pacifier.com
Wed Oct 29 08:22:48 EST 1997

Call:		K9JF/7
Section: 	Western Washington
Entry:		Single Band 20 Meters Unassisted
CQ Zone:	03

QSOs:		1098
Countries	136
Zones:		38
Score:		521,555

Comments:

This effort was my anniversary of 30 years of CQWW contesting.  It sure has
been fun!  Have operated from my station, W9DUB, N9MM, DL5JF, W7RM, and
other places.

Another interesting contest.  Worked 4 Zone 23 stations and two tried to
dupe me later.  Only 1 Zone 26 station heard/worked ;1 Zone 29 station
worked/heard.(heck, I can work 26 & 29 on 160 from here!)  Two VU's called
me from Zone 22.  Never did hear a ZS for Zone 38 or an SU for Zone 34.

The rate meter reached over 160 for the "last 10" a couple of times and was
steady at over 106 for the "last 100" during the Saturday morning (west
coast time) European run.  The JA runs never really happened...maybe hit
"last 10" at a rate of 90 a couple of times.  Then, the band went south
after that .  Only 300 contacts were made on Sunday.

I told my wife, kids, and neighbors (who are extremely tolerant of my
contesting) that I would spend the next couple of years at other places so
their TV's and telephones would be safe.  So, I am looking for exotic
places to operate from in Oct 98!  Any multi op. plans that need another
operator???

During CQ WW CQ, plan to exercise the new 4-Square on 80 meters.

73

JIM K9JF
(360) 256-1716

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com