[3830] Correction: AC1O/4 CQ WW SSB Score (M/S -- NOT L/P!)

Walter Deemer kn4t at gate.net
Thu Sep 4 15:46:27 EDT 1997

I note that AC1O/4 is listed as the #2 USA Score (Low Power) in the 1996 CQ
WW SSB Contest results in the September issue of CQ.

C'est regretable; after one too many nights "enjoying" 40 meters in a SSB DX
contest, I had had it with such things, so WD8RIN (now N4RN) and I did what
Frankford did in the old days: get a second op (so we could each get some
sleep) and just keep the station on the air throughout the contest -- not to
win anything, but to maximize the points generated for the club.

The AC1O entry thus should have been listed with the Multi-Singles (as my
cover sheet indicated), not with the Single Op/Low Power entries.  This
means that NY3Y, WA1S and K0EJ/4 should have been listed as the #2, #3 and
#4 finishers -- and KQ3V should have been in the Top Five (no small
achievement given the conditions we "enjoyed".)

Just for the record...

-- 73, Walt, KN4T (ex-AC1O)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com