[3830] W6UE CW Sprint Results

Michael Tope W4EF at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 24 00:12:45 EDT 1997

         September 1997 CW Sprint SUMMARY SHEET

      Contest Date : 07-Sep-97

     Callsign Used : W6UE
          Operator : W4EF/6

          Category : Single Operator

   Default Exchange:
                S&P: # Mike CA W6UE
                 CQ: de W6UE # Mike CA

  Station Location : Caltech ARC (CITARC), W6UE
                     Pasadena, Ca
     Operator Name : Michael C. Tope
   Mailing Address : 3944 East Mountain View Avenue
    City/State/Zip : Pasadena, Ca 91107-4905
           Country : United States

Station Description:

                Rig: TS-950, Alpha 78 (~800W)
           Antennas: 20 Meters - 5 Element Monobander @ ~70'
			             - KT34XA @ ~110'
		         40 Meters - 4 Element KLM Monobander @ ~100'
	     	         80 Meters - Rho = 1 (Open Circuit)

         Team/Club : SCCC #2

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Prefixes

   80CW        0           0          0        0
   40CW      109         109        108       10
   20CW      101         101        100       32

 Totals      210         210        208       42

    Final Score = 8736 points.

 Soapbox: Lost some time at the beginning - thought I blew the Alpha 78.
          Turns out I somehow hit the autotune button on the 950 which killed
          the output of the exciter - oops! There was no coax available for
          the eighty meter antenna, so I spent the last hour scouring 40 for
          people I hadn't worked. Next time hope to be ready with 3 bands,
          computer logging, and possibly two radios. Thanks to Yin, N9YS and
          Dave, N7UE for making the Caltech station available. Cu all in
	    February - 73 de Mike, W4EF/6........

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my transmitter within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.