[3830] KE1FO Multi Op, Low Power

Alfred J. Frugoli ke1fo at contesting.com
Sun Sep 28 23:45:45 EDT 1997

CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: KE1FO (@K1TTT)
Location:  MA

Entry Class: Multi Op, Single Xmit, Low Power

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       178   278    39    33    11
40       236   408    44    46    16
20       370   834    38    71    22
15       133   265    22    41    17
10        16    37     3     9     6
--------------------------------------
Total    933  1822   146   200    72

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 761596 <-New USA Record?

Software: RTTY by WF1B, Version 3.2A

Power Output: 100

Antennas: 10 - 6el @ 90', 4el west, 4el south
          15 - 8el @120', 4/4/4 eu, 4/4 west, 4 south
          20 - 6el @150', 4el @ 60', 4el eu, 4el eu
          40 - 2el @150', 2el eu, low dipole, 4 square
          80 - 2el eu @ 150', 4 square

Ops: KE1FO, K1TTT, KT1M, WM1X, Lenny (can't remember his call)

Club Participation: YCCC

Comments:

Went into this contest just wanting to beat last years score of about
450kpts, and wanted to win US again.  I didn't arrive at K1TTT's with
the TU and software until 8:30 local and we didn't get on the air until
01:00z at least.  Paket wouldn't work with WF1B and WF1B wouldn't talk
to the TS-870, but we just went with it.  Never did get packet or the
radio interface to work.  Still we were able to muster almost 1000q's
with only 100 watts.  Dave's (K1TTT) antennas didn't hurt any.  Thanks
to Dave for the use of his station again this year.

Highlights: The great conditions, being able to run on every band, and
having the mults call us!  Fun 20m opening about midnight and 1 am local
Saturday night.  Worked VK, ZL, FK8 all for double mults, all with one
call.  Dave has some propigation software that predicted that opening,
and it sure was there, with good signals both ways.  Also being almost
150 q's ahead of last year by 8am local Saturday morning was great.  The
extra q's were due to KT1M operating all night both nights.  Passing
600q's 24 hours into the contest was great too.

Look for us again next year, 77 more stations need to work us so we can
break 1000 q's.  Thanks to all the stations who worked us and who we
worked.  73 de KE1FO

--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo at contesting.com or ke6ber at tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries