[3830] N6ED WPX SSB SO/HP/TS

Craig Gullickson gullick at emu.sp.trw.com
Wed Apr 1 14:52:13 EST 1998

                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N6ED                 Country:  United States
      Mode: SSB                  Category: Single Operator High Power
                                           Tri-band class

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80       39       68   1.7       18
       40      176      992   5.6       56
       20      755     1203   1.6      356
       15      396      810   2.0      136
       10      114      298   2.6       62
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1480     3371   2.3      628  =   2,116,988

This was a fun contest to play in even though the conditions continually
worsened throughout the duration.  Many of the openings on the high
bands were weak and variable unlike the ARRL DX test.  I ended up
turning the knob a lot more often than I wanted to since the runs just
weren’t very good.

A big surprise on 15m at 2030z was found tuning the knob onto 3B8/DL6UAA
with a solid 5-6 signal.  This is 1230pm here!  He told me he was
running 100w.  Just incredible but hey, that’s what this is all about!

I must now sit and wonder how I am ever gonna win this class when I can
be beaten so easily by an East Coaster running an R7 vertical.  That’s
just life when you live on the Left Coast…HI!!!!!

Happy contesting and see you in the CW end,

Craig, N6ED

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/8651/
http://www.qsl.net/n6ed/

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com