[3830] W0TM CQWW CW '98 SO AB HP assisted

Gary Yantis gyantis@midtec.com" <gyantis@midtec.com
Tue Dec 1 02:52:54 EST 1998

                CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: W0TM      Country/State: United States/Colorado
      Mode: CW       Category: Single Operator, All Band,
      Zone: 04                          High Power, Assisted
      Hours on: 26

      160          14           26          1.86           9            8
       80           24           57          2.38         13          14
       40         364        1057         2.90          27          63
       20         283         812          2.87         32           73
       15         413       1180          2.86         30           87
       10         283         804          2.84         25           73
     Totals    1381       3936          2.85        136         318  =>  1,786,944

Equipment Description: FT-1000MP, Alpha 91b, KLM KT34XA,
                       KLM 2 element 40 meter beam, 80/160 dipole,
                       CT, Pentium computer

Comments: Started the contest having just driven 700 miles with
too little sleep and stuffed with too much turkey so only managed
26 hours of "on time".  But the great conditions made up for it.
Activity was up but, because both 10 and 15 were open most of the
time, it was spread over more frequency space thus QRM was way down.
JA runs went for many hours and running Europe on 10 meters made me
feel like I had moved to the east coast!  1999 should be a really
great DX and contest year!

Club Affiliation: Grand Mesa Contesters (Western Colorado)

           MAILING ADDRESS:         e-mail: gyantis@midtec.com
           Gary Yantis  W0TM
           P.O. box 97
           Wolcott, CO 81655
73
Gary, W0TM
gyantis@midtec.com
Tour W0TM and the Vail area on my web site:
http://www.midtec.com/w0tm.htm