[3830] N8RR CQWWCW 15M SO HP UNASSISTED

rfpwr at linknet.net rfpwr@linknet.net
Tue Dec 1 03:17:02 EST 1998

Q'S 724   COUNTRIES 135     ZONES 37    SCORE: 357,416

Mostly S&P. Decided to learn TR Log and see how many countries and zones I
could find and work. Didn't have the Q totals of others as when CQ'ing
didn't seem loud. Couldn't generate significant runs. However, I had really
good luck finding mults and working them fairly quickly. Fun to find the
mults before the packet spots show up.

Missed zone 23, 29, and 34. Heard zone 23 working W6's but too late..he was
too weak in Louisiana. Never heard 34 or 29. Got all the countries I heard
except OA, HL, JT, and TF. Had no shot at any but TF and called him one time
when a Russian moved him to 15 and quickly then moved him to another band.

Conditions were hot. I could consistently hear my own echo. Could tune it
with the RIT. Many W4-5-6 stations were uncopiable due to echo. 6D2X and
KH7R were at times totally unreadable.

Rig: FT-1000D and AL1500. Antennas- 155CA at 60' and 4 el Quad at 50'.

73 and CU in 10M contest.

73, Chas N8RR