[3830] N2BIM CQWW CW M/M

Eugene M. Ingraham, III n2bim at juno.com
Thu Dec 3 09:00:46 EST 1998

                    CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N2BIM                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Multi
      Zone: 05

      160        0        0     0.00      0       0
       80      139      384     2.76     17      65
       40      258      731     2.83     30      96
       20      450     1307     2.90     37     118
       15      608     1788     2.94     34     113
       10      377     1093     2.90     26     103

     Totals   1832     5303     2.89    144     495  =>  3,388,617

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club, Inc.

All reports sent were 599 5.

Operator List: N2BIM & K2BM

Equipment Description:

    Icom IC-765; Ten-Tec Titan; TH6DXX @ 71';
    40/80 Dipole @ 70'; 500' NE Beverage; No 160 Antennas

We set up a 2nd station, with the intention of working mults and
the low bands, on the dipole, while the main station used the TH6.
But we had so many RFI problems, we gave up on the idea.
The 2nd station computer suffered sever RFI problems, and that
station became practically useless overall.  Also, Warren smoked
his antenna tuner trying to tune the dipole on 15 meters.  Ah,
the smell of burned radio parts is so exhilarating!  He says he
can fix it.

We put up a 500' beverage, and it worked well, but slightly de tuned
the 765 on 80 meters, so we will need to isolate it for future efforts.
We will also need more antennas if we do this again.  But, our intent was
to make points for FRC, and that's what we did!

We'll never win anything, but we're having fun doing it!

73, Gene...N2BIM and Warren...K2BM..>>

                             Signature: Eugene M. Ingraham, III

           MAILING ADDRESS:

               Eugene M. Ingraham, III  N2BIM
               79 Stillwater Road
               Newton,, NJ 07860-5038

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com