[3830] N0AH ARRL 160 Results

Dinsterdog at aol.com Dinsterdog at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 10:52:08 EST 1998

CALL SIGN:  N0AH   ARRL 160 Contest SOHP
Exchange 5NN WY
121 QSO's for 55 Sections for 13,300  4.1 Hours Operating time

Equipment: IC756, AL-811 Amp, Butternut HF2V Antenna, 800 foot bevg antenna
towards NW, 500 foot bevg antenna towards NE, 300 foot bevg antenna towards
west and 500 foot bevg antenna towards SE

Another casual effort with limited time, (getting married next week), but
still had a great time.  After working over 1,100 QSO's in ARRL SS SSB, and
not getting one Utah station, I worked 3 in this one in what amounted to a 4.1
hour effort. Also, worked 2 Wyoming stations in first 5 QSO's......Maybe these
guys can find me on 160 meters for the SS competition next year-160 meters is
listed as a band for the SS contests- but I didn't find one station in either
contests this year, bah hum bug!

Best QSO's for a thrill was with VY2SS and KH7R.......biggest dissapointment
was not working a Nebraska station, but, I'll get over it- hi

This was a fun test to see just how effective having 4 beverages can be- At
times, there were so many stations on the band that I could literally hear
four different solid stations on the same freq. by switching between
antennas........funny how some people can be impressed with the
obvious......XYL to be very patient but I think she failed to understand my
1/2 hour of jumping up and down when I heard how well the Bevg's really worked
for this contest.....- but YOU understand, right??!

I will miss next week's ARRL 10 meter test- 73 and good luck to all-  Paul
N0AH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com