[3830] ARRL 160 CW de NC7X MS UTAH

utahfolk at konnections.com utahfolk at konnections.com
Sun Dec 6 05:52:47 EST 1998

CONTEST ===>>>  ARRL 160 CW
       CALL ===>>>  NC7X (Manti Contest Club)  UTAH
       CLASS ===>>> MS  (Oprs: N7XJ(trustee) + NC7W)
       POWER ===>>> HIGH

       TOTAL Q = 733    (TOTAL P = 1475)
       TOTAL M = 75
       TOTAL SCORE = 110625

       Setup: TS570/TS140 + TL922 + up 35 over 95 invL sitting on
              3000 square feet of 3' wide chicken wire screen,
              a/k/a "cw radials!"

       Notes:  Had fun, shot for UT record,  Friday was decent,
               Saturday we won't talk about except the CQ/QSO
               ratio was just short of infinity!  .... tuff going,
               thanks to all who stuck it out with us ... our ears
               were clean with good local conditions (6000 feet up
               on top of the Rocky Mtns ... local noise very low!)
               but the band was very foggy! Couldn't tell if it was
               lack of F-layer support or absorption ... sound the
               same .... sunrise runs on Sunday were etherial whispers
               and thanks to all who stuck it out!  Some very good
               ops out there!  Topband contesting is the best ....

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com